2023 PACE Applications WorkshopSeptember 6-7, 2023
The NASA PACE Applications team invites the research, applied sciences, and decision-making communities to the 2023 PACE Applications *virtual* workshop held September 6-7th, 2023 at 10:00AM ET.
This event will focus on how the PACE mission and our community are preparing for the upcoming PACE launch. We will identify best practices and next steps to address and improve user readiness, prepare for PACE data integration and application functionality, and finally post-launch transition and application implementation.
The PACE mission is NASA's next great investment in Earth Science, continuing NASA's legacy of over forty years of satellite ocean color measurements. PACE, expected to launch in January 2024, will advance our Earth-observing and monitoring capabilities through hyperspectral imaging and multi-angle polarimetric observations of ocean, atmosphere, and terrestrial ecosystems. PACE will give us an unprecedented view of our home planet and will support user-driven environmental applications through research and applied science to address societal challenges and inform decision-making!
- Provide an overview of PACE instruments, data, science & applications.
- Explore the state of user readiness leading up to launch, co-develop solutions for user preparation and sustained engagement, and share case studies in data integration and functionality for informing and improving decision-making.
- Identify best practices for creating prototypes and working across diverse teams.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships and community engagement within the PACE Community of Practice, other Earth missions, resource managers, and decision-makers.
The PACE Applications team invites participants interested in applying PACE data for research, resource management, decision-making, public health, and others across water resources, air quality and health, climate, disasters, ecological forecasting and other NASA Applied Sciences thematic areas. The event will encourage collaboration from individuals and organizations from diverse backgrounds including US and international universities, research organizations, government agencies, as well as the commercial, non-profit, and private sectors.
- Keynote presentations
- Live panel sessions and informal Q&As on the topics of PACE Project Science and research, co-production of environmental solutions, and EO data integration and functionality for informing and improving decision-making
- Poster session highlighting work by members of the PACE community, including PACE Community of Practice members, PACE Early Adopters, and PACE Science & Application Teams.
- PACE resource library and pre-recorded presentations from the members of PACE Project Science.
- Networking opportunities via 1:1 or group meeting spaces and virtual lounges.
This will be the fourth in a series of annual PACE Applications workshops. The event is open to all participants. The event is free to attend; however, registration is required, and seats are limited! Register today to reserve your spot.